Thursday, February 23, 2012

Confession of a Bad, Bad Blogger Who Looks to the Russians for Salvation

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It has been two weeks since my last post.

Surely I am a very bad blogger who does not deserve readers. But keep reading anyway. Perhaps you can lead me to redemption.

Know that the only reason I am back tonight is because -- wouldn't you know it -- I checked traffic on this site and MY RUSSIAN READERS ARE STILL HERE! Despite my absence this past two weeks, my loyal friends from the other side of the globe still checked in and, finding nothing new, at least perused previous posts. And for that, I am forever grateful. After all; who needs fickle fans with attention deficits? Bring on patient readers who understand the ebb and flow of blog posts.

Methinks my faraway friends best understand the tidal nature of my life right now. The challenges of supporting my husband with late-stage, inoperable cancer; gingerly guiding an only son as he experiences his first year at college; managing my own auto-immune disease, which strikes unpredictably and without mercy. All lifelines are welcome, including the attention of faraway readers with whom my words seem to resonate. Thankfully, the human experience transcends geography.

Catching my breath between waves is somewhat easier these days. The previous shock after learning of my husband's condition has been tempered by a routine of doctors appointments and maintaining daily logs of chemo side effects, vital signs, and changes in bodily functions. It is a labor of love.

My hope is to maintain an interesting voice while honoring my family's very personal journey. Prior to the cancer monster, my voice used to prattle on about all sorts of topics that resonated with readers and reflected shared experiences. That voice is not lost, but it is having a hard time surfacing these days.

Hang in there, readers. I am still here. And I need for your to be here as well. Stated simply, I need you.

Please leave a comment. What draws you to this blog? What can I write for you?

Blessings, Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment