Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life and Death in Paris

I found a jump drive with photos from a 2008 afternoon spent at Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris with my young friend, Allison. My little camera tried, but could not capture the hues and history of this remarkable place. Perhaps it was the photographer's fault. Through the following collage of photos and quotes, I share with you some poignant images from a most memorable afternoon. 

"It may have been in pieces, but I gave you the best of me."
JIM MORRISON



"Simplicity is the highest goal,
achievable when you have overcome all difficulties" 

FREDERIC CHOPIN




"A woman who thinks she is intelligent demands the same rights as a man.
An intelligent woman gives up."

SIDONIE-GABRIELLE COLETTE


"Don't be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life"
Bertolt Brecht, German Dramatist





"Death is the beginning of something"
Edith Piaf 








No comments:

Post a Comment